2023 Marching Band Away Camp
(updated 09/21/23 - 8:00am)
Marching Crusaders (General Marching Band info can be found in the Marching Band section below)
- Home Game #3 (Homecoming), Troy Athens Invitational, and Marching Band Festival information are posted below and in the calendar. PLEASE NOTE the change in call time for the Homecoming Game!
- Looking for show shirts and other items? CLICK HERE to go to the MERCH Shop!
- Marching Crusaders Communications:
- LCN Band Boosters weekly emails - if you have not signed up, email the boosters at firstname.lastname@example.org. Signed up but not receiving the emails? Check your junk/spam folder. Then contact the boosters.
- BAND app - There is a separate BAND app group for parents and students. links for the different groups can be found at the bottom of the Marching Band page.
- Facebook - Search for "L'Anse Creuse High School North Bands"
- WOODWINDS - On Sunday, October 8th, Oakland University will be hosting a WOODWIND DAY on campus. Woodwind day will include workshops, masterclasses, performances, all-state rep, a woodwind ensemble reading session, as well as swag and vendors. The registration fee is $20. For more information, or to register, use the QR code on the flier. CLICK HERE for the flier.
- Start of School Information
- Students using school instruments have a sign-out form that needs to be completed and returned as soon as possible.
- The Band Handbook was passed out and covered in class Wednesday, September 6th. There is a commitment form to be signed by student and parent that needs to be returned by Friday, September 15th.
- POLICY CHANGE! - Due to the wear of the school owned uniforms, we will not be passing them out this year. Students will supply their own concert wear. Please see the band handbook for details on what students should have for concerts.
- Upcoming booster events
- VOLUNTEERS for FRIDAY HOME GAME #3 - CLICK HERE
- VOLUNTEERS (MANY) will be needed for the MSBOA Marching Band Festival on Tuesday, October 10. Keep your eyes open on the BAND App and here for the sign-up!
- RESTAURANT FUNDRAISER (Panera) - Tuesday, September 28th from 4pm-8pm - CLICK HERE for the details/flier - NOTE this is the Hall Road Panera Bread - You will need to show the flier
- General Band Booster Membership Meeting - The next general membership meeting of the Band Boosters will be Thursday, November 16th. See the Booster section below, or the booster page, for details.
2023 MARCHING CRUSADERS SEASON INFORMATION
2023 MARCHING SEASON INFORMATION
- Home Game #3 vs Sterling Heights HS - Friday, September 22nd. HOMECOMING - CLICK HERE for the Itinerary
- 4:00pm - Stretches and Uniforms?
- 5:00pm - Homecoming Parade Begins!
- 6:50pm-ish - Pre-Game Performance
- 7pm kickoff
- Please Note - Africa will be performed following the conclusion of the game.
- Troy Athens Scholastic Marching Band Invitational
- Saturday, September 30th - 10:15am Stretches at LCN. Performance is 6:15pm
- CLICK HERE for more details
- MSBOA Marching Band Festival - Tuesday, October 10th
- MANY Volunteers will be needed. Information coming soon!
- CLICK HERE for details such as student itinerary, performance times of all ensembles in attendance, and ticket information.
- HEADS UP! There have been a couple changes to the Marching Band Calendar. Due to the cancellation of the Albion Marching Invitation, the October 7th event will now be a Super Saturday rehearsal (9a-5p). To replace the lost competition, the Marching Crusaders have added the Brandon-Ortonville Marching Invitation on Saturday, October 21st. Dates have been corrected in the Calendar.
- Looking for band MERCH?!? CLICK HERE to go to the MERCH Shop and get your cool swag!
- DRUM MAJORS - Congratulations to the 2023 Drum Majors - Lisa Belloli and Breanna Nutt.
- Field Commander - Congratulations to the 2023 Field Commander - Edison Duncan
- Color Guard Announcements -
- Drumline and Front Ensemble Announcements -
Links to volunteer for Marching Band Events can be found on the Volunteers page. Please help!
MARCHING CRUSADERS DOCUMENTS
- Drumline Information - CLICK HERE to see Drum Line and Front Ensemble Information Now available
- New Marcher parent meeting PowerPoint - CLICK HERE (Posted after New Marcher Orientation)
- 2023 Marching Crusaders Calendar - CLICK HERE - if you see an error, please alert Mr. Oranchak ASAP!
- 2023 Marching Crusaders Registration Documents - CLICK HERE
- To email the Director CLICK HERE
The next event for parent volunteers will be - Super Saturday, Home Game #3 (Homecoming). For Sign-Up Genius links CLICK HERE.
The Next General Membership Band Booster Meeting will be Wednesday, September 20th in the LCN Band Room.
For information on the next Band Booster meeting, see the Band Booster page.
L'Anse Creuse High School North Instrumental Music
Craft & Vendor Shows
Thanks to all volunteers for helping make the Spring Craft Show a success! Crafty Christmas in December is our next show.
Vendors, CLICK HERE to go to the Craft Show Page!
NEXT LCN FINE ARTS TRIP
In 2023, the LCN Instrumental Music Department traveled to Disney! The Disney trip occurs every 4 years. In between Disney trips, the bands travel to New York City. Our next NYC trip, pending LCN administration and school board approval, should take place in early Spring 2025.
SOLO & ENSEMBLE INFORMATION
(Updated 08/17/23 - 3:30pm)
Members of any LCN concert ensemble may participate in the Michigan School Band and Orchestra Association's Solo & Ensemble Festival. This event typically takes place in late January or early February at Rochester High School. Details and registration will be made available to students in October.
Solo & Ensemble Festival for the 2023-2024 school year will be held on Saturday, January 20th (Wind Chamber ensembles ONLY) and Saturday, February 3rd (all other events).
MSBOA BAND FESTIVAL
L'Anse Creuse North High School competes, each year, in the Michigan School Band and Orchestra Association competition each year. Typically, the festival is in the afternoon/evening in early March and located at Dakota High School. Band & Orchestra Festival is a part of each student's concert ensemble grade. Exact dates and times are usually not known until late January or early February. Possible dates for the 2023-2024 school year are March 7th, 8th, or 9th.
We encourage family members to attend the performance and sight reading activities at festival!